Sunday, January 2, 2011

See ya later, 2010. Good to see you, 2011.

Well we made it through another year. It seems crazy that 2010 has already come and gone. It's like older people have always said: "enjoy it while you're young, your life goes so much faster when you get older." By golly, they were right! I mean, obviously I know that time does not actually move faster, but it certainly seems that way. I don't know if it is because you understand the concept of time more when you are older, or maybe cause you don't always take the time to enjoy things as much as you did when you were a kid... but some days really do seem shorter then they used to.

As I think back on the year, I try to remember all that has happened and changed....

Jan: Brought in 2010 with my old roomie and her hubby, along with a now old friend. Went ice fishing and caught my first fish in like...10 years or so?


My little fishyyy
March: Ran my first race! I never thought I would get into running, but, I have to admit... its alright :). Now I am signed up for a half for this march - who would have thunk it? Not I!!! I had a wildly extravagant st. pattys day celebration and even sported a bright green wig. It was pretty vivacious. My parental units and lil bro came to town to celebrate a change of command and my 23rd (yikes!) birthday.

 at the finishline

My green wig I mentioned, along with Taylor and Crystal.

Birthday celebrationssss

April: My little brother turned 20 (AHHH!). Celebrated two bestie birthdays - Cassie and Nicoley.

 Big seesters and baby bro - classic

ABC L<3ve 

May: FINISHED MY FIRST YEAR OF GRAD SCHOOL!!!! Celebrated Tay Tays bday and the 2nd years graduation, and had one hell of a time. oh and went to the beach everyday.

Tay's big day

June: Went on my European Adventure. Too much to even say about it, to be honest. :)

When I first realized I was in Europe!

 one of my favs - thanks dals!

funny group shot in Paris

 group shot in Monaco lookin spiffy

 Another fav - Sacre Coeur + Wine = Soooo much fun

July: Celebrated my independence, went home with Nicole, and went to NYC, and made a trip to Nebraska to see my bff Caleb get marrried!! :) oh, and of course did data collection and reduction for my thesis.

 showin nic some love in NYC :)

The grooms best women and his beautiful bride, Em!

August - Dec: Between women's soccer, research, school, and studying my life away for my cadaver anatomy class, I tried to have a good time with my friends :). Oh, ran my first 10k! Got to see a whole bunch of people I love over thanksgiving, christmas, and last night. Had my FIRST  visitor in Va, besides family - Miss Liz! Watched my DOGS rise to victory once again and win another Natty Ship! woot! Saw one of my brothers bands play for the first time and loved it! AND obviously some big news.... Im going to be an AUNT!!! :) If you know me at all, you know small children, or children in general are not my thing... they love me for some reason... but, I only really like the cool ones. Luckily, this one is destined to be cool.

 It was a Halloween 10k... TMNT style on the beach after finishing

 Some lovely ATs and I out

 It seems we only take photos when we look good. :)

The beautiful Liz visiting.

 Research.

 Lovely friends over xmas break 2010!

 Last night celebrating New Years Eve and the end of 2010 with my pal Linds! :)

annnnnd a whole lot more I am forgetting, I am sure.

Overall, a year filled with travel, many different hair colors, and spending time with those I love. I wouldn't have survived it all without you people - and I mean it. Thanks for a good year, and I look forward to, you, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment