Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Beginning to the End.

So yesterday was the beginning to the end. It was the first day of my LAST semester of Grad School! Woo hoo! It is really hard to believe I have been going to school for the last 19 years of my 23 year old life. It also sounds worse when I say it like that.

Yesterday was a little different than most years, however. Normally, I am the student and I am listening to the profs go over the syllabus and being forced to introduce myself and share interesting facts about myself, etc. (which is a bit of a stretch for grad school since there are only 13 of us, and we all know each other well. But for the purposes of this paragraph - just go with it.) But, this semester I am TA-ing for a class. This year, I was the one talking about the syllabus, and pushing for introductions and interesting facts. Of course I had to share my interesting fact as well - which for all you interested, is that I have the constellation of the big dipper made out of freckles on my right forearm - but, all around a different experience. It was such a strange feeling to be in front of the class. Hopefully it will feel more comfortable as the semester goes on. I plan on blogging about my awkward teaching moments later on in the semester, so look forward to those.

Then today we had our first class meeting. We talked about the semester and all about our theses and setting timelines, and goal weeks for defending. O.M.G. I am NOT ready for this. Immediately I felt a ball of stress break right over my head, and then felt the nausea approach. ::sigh:: A procrastinator queen's worst nightmare.

It should be an interesting semester full of an umpteen number of to-do lists. Hopefully, I make it out alive.

1 comment:

  1. the big dipper? really?! I gotta see this!

    ReplyDelete