Monday, January 17, 2011

Busy, busy, busy..

..the theme of my current life.

As mentioned earlier, this semester is full of work. As any semester should be, I suppose. The difference between this semester and most, is that I am being forced to set deadlines. Which is then causing to-do lists, crazy oversized calendars, and time management skills. WHAT!? I have made it through 19 years of schooling being a terrible student. (Now when I say terrible I don't mean I do poorly, I simply mean I have become the world's best procrastinator.) This semester is throwing me for a loop. My procrastinating days are wavering... with all of the due dates, and revisions, and lesson plans, and presentations, and to-do lists - ::sigh:: I am not sure if I will be able to maintain my laissez-faire attitude.

I managed to meet my first thesis deadline (today) by working on my chapters while watching football yesterday. In the past, I would have watched both games, and THEN started on my work...who is this person? I am not sure I like it. But, with graduation on the mind, and thesis defense date set - it has to get done...

..and it will. I just might be more pout-y than normal. My work to fun ratio has always tilted more on the fun side of things. Hence, a change in the system, may take some getting used to, and may include pouting. I apologize for this pout-y behavior in advanced, but, taking my fun away is like taking a blanket away from a child. They whine and cry about it for a while - but, eventually they buck up and get over it. The good thing about this scenario is that that blanket is in storage somewhere, and ready to be brought out again at a later date - just like my fun.

March 17th is the day of defense, and the day Ashley gets her fun back. (I think it is fitting, that it is St. Pattys Day - fun is already built in to that day.) I am officially starting a countdown til the fun days are back...

..2 months til Fun, with a capital F is back! Until then there will little f - fun happening along with LOTS of work.

OH, and Happy MLK Day!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment