Thursday, January 27, 2011

So I know it is Thursday but...

...I have not posted any artwork in a while and have taken some photos of some old stuff. So, "Wednesday Works" will also now include this Thursday's post.

I think I am going to present one of my oldest paintings that I did that can be seen in... my room :) ha

Some friends and I were discussing old shows we used to watch when we were growing up, and I thought it was fitting that I would post this painting. It is titled, I <3 the 90s

Ha. It is sort of funny to see how my work has grown since 2006, which is apparently when this one was painted. You may see some of your favorite 90s reminders such as: TMNT, Salute Your Shorts, Hanson, Saved By The Bell, Hey Dude, Tamagotchi, New Kids on The Block, and TLC!

This was just sort of a fun collage painting that I did complete with splattering paint over top...I thought it was very 90s. When I see it, it makes me smile. Which, is really all that matters, right?! I think so.

I do not do a lot of artwork for myself these days, so it is fun to go back and see some of the stuff I have done just for me. Hope you all enjoy it as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment