Sunday, January 2, 2011

Babies, Babies, Babies

Well it certainly has been the season for reproducing! No, no, DEFINITELY not me - but many others in my world. Two big ones in particular including my sister and Austin, and my dear old friend, Brooke, and her bf, James. So I will be a first time Aunt, and an adopted Aunt.. ha

I don't know when everyone else in my life started being real grown ups, but it still blows my mind that I have friends who are married and/or making babies. These two ladies in particular are very dear to me, and we have been through a lot in life together...so I thought I would feature them both in my blog tonight and take a trip down memory lane...

I'll start with Brooke:

Her and I have been friends since 4th grade. We have been through many awkward stages of life together - that is for sure. 4th grade nerds, 5th grade bullies is our little joke. Mifflin and Rhino days... oh man. We also managed to stay friends through all of the craziness and drama that middle school can bring.

haha here we are at my 13th birthday party - Me, the one opening presents; her, the tiny one by the duck :)

In 8th grade we conditioned together for softball, and both made the JV team along with 3 other 8th graders...we were pretty badass ;). Through high school we really clinched down on our friendship. I think sports really kept us going strong - playing both softball and volleyball. Actually, she is the one who got me playing volleyball. She told me I should come try out because the coach was cute ;) hahaha ohhh lessick.

 The good old JV days. 14-0, I do believe.


Looking a little older here - I believe sophomore year.

Along the way we picked up another one (Cassie), and we became ABC. Pretty much inseparable through freshman and sophomore year. After that I moved to Wisconsin, but, the two knuckleheads surprised me on my first Christmas morning in WI. After that we went on a cruise that summer, and I made annual summer visits to see them. 

Being goofy as usual outside of Cassie's house. I believe this was the day I moved...

 ABC lovin life on our cruise!!

us alll grown up :)

Now I am back in Norfolk, and it has been hard to see each other with my crazy schedule. We have managed to make some music together a little bit, and hang out a few times. I wish it to be more before I possibly move away again. But, thank you Brooklyn for always being someone I can count on. I look forward to meeting your little peanut, and hopefully we can see each other more often these next few months. I love you!!!! So, again - CONGRATULATIONS BROOKE AND JAMES!!!!

Parents - to - be!!!! <3

Alright CR, your turnnn:

Well, obviously this lady has been in my life since I was in the womb...

  he he, I liked this one. :)

My sis used to take care of me, and even speak for me! She even thought I was SOOO cute (cause I was) that she wanted to share a room with me!!! I think she may have regretted that decision later since we then shared a room for the next 16 years... but I loved it and glad it happened that way.

  One of my favorite photos. She really loved me. :)

 we were buddies.

We were there for each other through some tough and awkward times...

 me being a tool, and her being too cool for me :)

hah I found this one.. I have no idea. I'd like to think this symbolizes me being her base of support. :) hah

After she graduated high school, she went to ODU, and a year later we moved to WI. Between all of the every day growing up stuff, we did not see each other much besides major holidays and major events. I did make an appearance down in GA one year for spring break!

 flew to VA for her graduation from ODU

 Trip to GA to see her and Austin - nice hair everyone. ha

 Both made it to WI for Zach's HS graduation!

 She came to my college graduation from UMD and took me and roomie out! :)

and of course us looking fly on the big day! :)

Now, however, I am shacking up with her and Austin - they refer to me as their "adult child." I am grateful for the situation... it really is awesome. It has also been fun to be able to spend time with the two of them. I am SUPER excited about baby G, and have already claimed the name "Cool Aunt Ashley," although the "cool" I am convinced, is implied. CR, thanks for being the best big seester I could have ever asked for. I love you!!! CONGRATULATIONS CR AND AUSTIN!!!!! I love you both!!!


 Well, that wraps up my babies blog. They are everywhere these days! BUT, these two babies are the two I most look forward to. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment