Thursday, December 30, 2010

Close to the end..

I played with a couple ideas on what to write about tonight... and almost went into the end of the year/new year theme... but, then what would I write about tomorrow?! So instead, I googled today's date to see if there was anything more this day offers besides being close to the end. 

Well as you all know, today is December 30th. Since this year there was no leap year, that also makes today the 364th day of the year. According to Wikipedia, today is also the birthday for a few people you may know including: 
  1. golf pro and professional cheater -Tiger Woods
  2. pro boxer and daughter of Muhammad Ali -  Laila Ali
  3. actor, singer, and just plain sexy - Tyrese
  4. pro basketball player and big baby - LeBron James
  5. professional skateboarder and playable character on multiple Tony Hawk games - Ryan Scheckler 
Another memorable event of the day is, in 2006, Saddam Hussein was executed by hanging. Go America.

On my hunt for fun facts about the day, Wikipedia wasn't doing it for me... so I was curious to see if there were any crazy holidays on the record for December 30th. Turns out...THERE IS!

Drum rolllllllll please.....

 

National Bicarbonate of Soda Day!!! (or Baking Soda Day!)

Naturally, I then needed to read up on Baking Soda. As most people know its most common uses, I will now share some others that were listed that I did not know:
  • It is used in fire extinguishers for grease and oil fire
  • It can be used as a meat tenderizer
  • It can be added to water with beans to reduce flatulence from eating those beans
  • It can be used to polish silverware
  • It can be used to remove burnt food from pots and pans
Who knew?

Welp, that's all i got for now - I hope you all have taken advantage of this next to last day of 2010 and have a new appreciation for baking soda. Happy Baking Soda Day to all, and to all a goodnight.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment