Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I know...

...it has almost been two months since my last post. I would feel bad, but I know there are only about 3 people that actually read this thing.

In addition to this, not a whole lot has changed in the past 2 months. I am still not completely done with my schoolwork (although I felt ambitious yesterday and actually did do quite a bit of work), still unemployed (more on that later), and still trying to enjoy my summer despite said emotional battles. Two things that HAVE changed in the last 2 months, is that I became an !aunt! (YAY!) and that all of my classmates have left me ::sad faces::. I have to admit it is weird living here without them. They have been my life for the last two years, and now most of them I will see next year in St Louis (that is where all the ATs will come together next to drink and learn). "At least we have that," we all say, which IS true and I am thankful for that. It is just weird when the next chapter of your life is upon you and you are not ready. Normally I am the person who is excited about flipping the last page, ready and willing to move on to see what happens next; but, lately I feel as though I am stuck re-reading the last 3 paragraphs after realizing I just looked at them rather than read them. :: sigh :: how mundane.

Besides playing the "woe is me" card, I have been up to a few things over the last two months....

I went to New Orleans!!!! (This statue is in memory of Hurricane Katrina) While in New Orleans I.......


...enjoyed and strolled down Bourbon Street....

...kissed Bob Dylan...

...(okay, not really...)...and I enjoyed all of those that were down there with me!

:)

New Orleans was a blast, and I was fortunate enough to get to hang with a lot of fine individuals while down there. Once I made it back from New Orleans I went to a wedding with D for one of his friends, Joey....



 ...then started the Goodbye Parties for my lovelies....




...then Tay's mama came and hung out for a few days, but took her away to ChiLand... :(


 ...I then participated in a cornhole tournament over fourth of july weekend....




...then after being 11 days past expected, little Evelyn Rae blessed us with her presence!!...SIDENOTE: if you want the entire birth story and everything you would want to know about this cute little baby, see CR's Baby Blog....


...I then attended the first Nicole and James' Wedding event: Engagement Party! in New York!...

 

...and celebrated my love's birthday (a little late since his bday was over the Nic and James' festivities....


Well, it appears I actually HAVE been doing something with my life...hmm...sadly, that last picture was taken at the end of July, which means it has been a while since I did something besides job hunt and play Donkey Kong with D....and believe me you, we play a lot of DK. 

Hope this caught you up on my exciting life as of late. More to come on that whole job thing, and it is my goal to update more regularly so I dont have to recap two whole months of stuff in one post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment