Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Good Feeling.


So the back story:

Back in undergrad I had this Program Director. I refer to him as Papa Gear. I went into his office everyday whether to say hello, to bawl my eyes out, or even just to shoot the sh*t (This story is only rated PG). The way that his office was set up, he had chairs that were facing the edge of his desk. While visiting, I would sit in one of these chairs and prop my feet up on his desk. I never thought that it was a big deal until one day I walked in and his office was moved around a little. His desk was a little further from the chairs. Without a word, I scooted my chair closer so my feet could take their normal position. He laughed, and then explained that the reason he had moved his desk is so I would NOT put my feet up there. Me being me, I laughed, and said something to the effect of.... whooops. Sorry. (As my feet stay on top of his desk).

The reason I bring it up is because I emailed Papa Gear today to be a reference for a job. Naturally, he agreed. He also said, and I quote, "My desk does miss your feet propping up on it though. It thinks of you often." (insert AWWW here). 

It is such a simple little gesture, but it made my heart feel warm and a smile appeared on my face. As of late, it has been pretty hard for those things to occur. So thank you Papa Gear, and I challenge you all to send someone you care about a small gesture that you know will make them smile.

love&laughter

No comments:

Post a Comment